Saturday, November 10, 2012

Harvest Vine
2701 East Madison Street


It has been a long while since I added any new brunch places!! I don't go every weekend day any more plus, I've been doing a lot of repeats recently.  But today is a totally net new place!

It might be my first time ever having Basque food.

Food:  I had no clue what most of this was and as I got there just as they opened, I couldn't even peak at the plates others ordered.  So I punted with Revuelto de ChampiƱones.  And coffee.

It was a great choice.  Delicious.  I could have used a side of bacon or some other meat to go with it.  It was really not quite enough food.  But it was really tasty - wonderful delicate flavoring.  And the toast was perfect with it.

Service:  The service was pretty good - my coffee cup was constantly topped off.  The food took a long time to get to me and because of the seating, wait service wasn't really comfortable.

Everything else:  It's a tiny tiny place - maybe 50 seats.  All of those seats were counter/bar height and not at all comfortable.  Most are squeezed in around a bar which surrounds the working kitchen.  Had the chairs been more comfortable and less crowded, it would have likely been a much better experience.  I did not linger - my thighs, cut off because I had no where to put my feet, were losing blood!

I can't see going back until the seating is better which is a shame because I think I like Basque cuisine!



I was charmed by the sugar cubes.  It's been a long time since I've seen them served anywhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment