Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stopsky's Delicatessen
3016 78th Avenue SE
Mercer Island, WA 


This is a blog about brunch in Seattle and Mercer Island isn't Seattle and I went back and forth about adding this one.  I haven't had a good place to review in a while and Mercer Island is really close but mainly it's my blog and I can do what I want!!

I had been here before.  For lunch once.  It was delicious.  And I had another errand on Mercer Island so it was a natural return.

The menu is full of delicious looking options.  The deli is Jewish but not kosher which is my kinda place.  I was really torn about what to order and probably should have gone with the cold fish plate but opted instead for the salami scramble.

Food:  It was good.  And one of the best scrambles I've ever had in a restaurant.  The eggs were perfectly done.  My experience is that scrambles are usually cooked to death.  This sure wasn't.

It needed some salt and there wasn't any on the table and I didn't bother to ask.  The latke was good but, honestly, I can get as good at Trader Joe's.  The toast needed a lot more toasting and butter.

But it was good.

Service:  The service was excellent.   It was efficient and my coffee never even got close to cold.

Everything else:  I love that it opens early (8 on Sundays) and there was no waiting.  I got a great table.  There are lots of little kids but none that caused me to wish it was a bar where no kids are allowed.  It's a comfortable, nice place to eat.  Lots of regular customers which gives it a nice atmosphere.






No comments:

Post a Comment