Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seatown
2010 Western Ave.

I forgot to take a picture of the outside.  So much for sticking to a format!  But here's from the inside out.

This morning I had no place particular I wanted to go.  I googled and settled on an intersection in Madronna that had two possibilities but by the time I got to the car, I remembered I'd been to one and had been underwhelmed and wasn't all that interested in the other one today.  Then I thought I'd head up to upper Queen Anne and see what struck my fancy.

I really wanted something fairly simple and easy.  And not too much of it either.

Then as I drove Pike Place Market, I thought of Seatown.  I haven't been there in ages and figured if I could find a parking spot, I'd go there.  I found a spot a semi-long but very flat walk away and claimed it.

Food:  I asked for two eggs over easy with hash browns - extra crispy, bacon and toast.  They do fancy coffee, french press or something and always offer up complicated choices. I always order 'surprise me' and follow up with assurances that I will love whatever they choose.  The coffee was good.  The breakfast was perfect. The has browns were almost too crispy, but after yesterday, I was glad. (I think I'm the Goldilocks of hash browns - I don't want them soft but I don't want them to hurt the roof of my mouth either.)

The toast was grilled and delicious.  All of it was very good and there was nothing left.


Service:  In a word comfortable. I felt like if I needed anything, I could have it pronto and she did not hover or hang out either.  Plus, the coffee is in a pot on the table.  My favorite. When I finished (as in nothing on my plate), I pulled out my credit card and put it on the edge of the table.  In less than 30 seconds she was there asking if I was ready for the bill.  Nice.

General Experience:  It's been a while - probably a year - since I've been here.  And a lot has changed. It's no longer the new place in town and has garnered a nice little reputation.  I read somewhere the other day that it's on the short list for some hot shot award.  I steer clear in the summer because it's in the middle of the tourist district and this winter I've not been able to walk that far like I used to.  So it's been a while.

The menu is different and some of the things I like the best are gone but it's still nice.  It used to play the most amazing music - from the 50's and early 60's.  I could not image who, other than me, would enjoy it - the staff was all so young, their parents were probably not alive then, but I loved it.  Today, it was typical restaurant background, not offensive but not particularly interesting either music.

But they still have newspapers - the NY Times and the Seattle Times which I think is just classy.




No comments:

Post a Comment