Saturday, March 3, 2012

Patty's Eggnest
1000 NE Northgate Way

I had an errand to run near Northgate Mall and the only place I've ever found for breakfast near there is Patty's Eggnest.  So Patty's it was.

It's a nice family friendly place - and I generally don't consider a family friendly place nice.  Today the small children were quiet which was nice.

Food:  I ordered off the senior menu...  And added an egg.  French toast, bacon, eggs and coffee.

It was good.  The french toast could have been toastier.  And I'm not sure what that giant load of butter was for.

The coffee was great as usual.

The Service:  I had the same waitress as last time and she remembered me (no powered sugar on the french toast - none, please - and she forgot last time and my plate was covered in powered sugar - ugh).  She didn't forget this time but she did bring the guy at the next table the wrong potatoes.  But, somehow she has the most gracious way of handling her mistakes that you really are fine about it. I was and he was today. Funny.  And lucrative for her.

In General:  It's always been packed with a line when I've been there.  Today my timing was perfect.  I waited less than 5 minutes and the minute I got a table, the foyer got a crowd of folks waiting.  Whew.  Even with the crowds, it would be a little nicer if it weren't so crowded.  They have the maximum number of chairs and tables possible and it feels a little sardinish.

But, it's a nice place and oh so handy.

Total Bill with tip: $15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment