Sunday, September 16, 2012

Angelina's
2311 California Avenue SW


This is  a perfect example of a place where the food may not be the best but the rest is so good that it is absolutely on my repeat list.

I had never heard of it and found it this morning when I googled "brunch West Seattle".  I love the internet.

Food:  The menu had a lot to pick from but I got 4 items down and was lured into "Rod's Scramble".

When I go back there are lots of other things I want to try.

The scramble was ok.  The potatoes were ok.  The toast need more toasting.

And while the butter came wrapped in foil (my pet peeve) at least it was in a separate dish and not plopped on top of my food.

None of the food was bad but it was desperately in need of flavor.



Service:  The service was perfection.  Really.  My coffee mug stayed full of hot coffee.  Had I wanted anything, all I had to do was lift my head and someone would have been there.  When I was done, I put my credit card on the table and the guy appeared out of nowhere.  When he brought the slip back for me to sign, he addressed me by name.  I felt like I was a regular, treasured customer the whole time I was there.

Everything else:  I was seated at a nice, quiet, cool booth that had a small chalk board on the wall.  There was chalk and an eraser right there at the ready.  This tickled me.

The whole place had a calm, lovey feeling.  I read my book and ate in peace and comfort.  When I left, I had a real feeling of having had a lovely experience.  I'm quite looking forward to my return trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment