Sunday, September 9, 2012

Coastal Kitchen
429 15th Avenue East


I am not at all sure why I never ate here before. The place has been on the peripheral of my radar for years but I never actually made it through the doors until today.

Two people mentioned having eaten there in the past couple of days and I figured it must be time to try it.  Plus it opens early on Sundays which is a big plus in my book.

So, this morning, off I went.

I found a free parking space fairly easily and got a table within minutes of walking through the door.  And that was just the beginning of good things to come.

Food:  The menu was a laundry list of things that all looked heavenly.  I finally narrowed it down to the Pan De Pain Perdu and the Dungeness Crab Cake Breakfast.  I asked the waitress to decide and she went with the crab cakes.

Good choice for sure.  They were just delicious.  The eggs were poached perfectly (the waitress asked me my doneness preference and delivered - thumbs up).  The Mornay sauce was delicate and good as were the crab cakes.  The potatoes looked like perfection but fell just a hair short of that.  The toast, from a local bakery, was excellent.  The fruit was a little tired but, I was full anyway.  It was just a delightful meal.

Service:  I couldn't have asked for more.  My water glass and coffee cup stayed topped off.  As soon as I finished eating, my dishes were whisked away and my check came promptly.  It was all very efficient and lovely.

Everything Else:  Everything else was just great.  It was a lovely and pleasant place to eat.  There were children but I only noticed them because I looked - no screaming or screeching.  There was interested conversation to eavesdrop on but the acoustics were such that I easily toned them out to concentrate on the book I was reading.

I will absolutely go back and soon.  Within easy walking distance are two drug stores, two grocery stores and my bank.  I can eat well and get my errands done, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment