Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bill's off Broadway
725 East Pine Street


I have always wondered about this place and thought it might be more than a college dive bar that served food as an afterthought.

It's not really.

The bloody mary did look great, though.

Food:  I walked by the kitchen passthrough window and saw the breakfast pizza which looked so delicious that I really did not consider anything else on the menu.

The guy at the next table had some pretty sexy looking french toast, however.

Anyway, the breakfast pizza turned out to be all looks and no taste.  I was brunching with a friend who had the eggs benedict and she reported some missing taste in her meal as well.

Service:  On a scale of 1-10, I'd have to give our service a 2.  We got our coffee and our food eventually.  And my coffee mug, once I got it, stayed topped off.  But, really, service is not their core business, I don't think.

Everything else:  If you are in the 'hood and dying for a bloody marry, go for it.  But keep on truckin' if you are looking for a good meal, clean tables, service of most any kind.





No comments:

Post a Comment