Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Dish Cafe
4358 Leary Way Northwest

I have no idea why I never knew about this place.  It's very near a favorite errand section of town (Fred Meyers, Office Max, Trader Joe's, etc.) and it's a breakfast all day place - well breakfast until mid afternoon anyway.  I love those kind of places.

It was cold and rainy this morning and they had a small table under this tent with serve yourself hot coffee.  There was a sign in sheet by the front door.

Happily there were seats at the low counter so I went right in.

Food:  The place has a real diner feel so while eggs benedict is on the menu, I'm not sure I'd try it.  But,  the corned beef hash looked good.



I had two eggs, sausage patty and scone.  The sausage was perfection and the eggs were done perfectly.  The potatoes were also very good.

The scone was rock hard.  Like it had been made and served early last week. Weird.

After I ordered, the guy next to me said they always had great specials.  I didn't ask (he did) so I didn't find out about the special until I was half way through my breakfast... next time.

Service:  The service was great but I was sitting at the counter right under the servers' noses.  It wasn't too hard to see my empty coffee cup, etc.  But, it was kept full.  And except for that whole keeping the specials a secret thing, the service was great.

Everything else:  The place was really loud.  It bothered me when I first sat down but after a while it became just background din.  No biggie.

The variety of the diners was fun.  At the other end of the counter when I first got there was a woman older than I am and a young boy, maybe 12. They were having a lively conversation and enjoying themselves enormously.  When they got up to leave she handed him her coat and instructed him on how to help her on with it.  He was a fast learner and it was just cute to watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment