Sunday, March 18, 2012

Luna Park Cafe
 2918 Southwest Avalon Way
The Luna Park Cafe is one of my favorite places to eat.  It shines for breakfast (but is also fabulous for lunch or dinner).  It's small and popular so it's also crowded but worth the fight for a space.

This morning, my friend, Matthew came with me and we got there later than I usually do so there was a wait.  And I learned something new.  There's a sign up sheet!!  I've actually never had to wait long for a table because I go early or late but now I know that if there is a wait, sign up.  We did and decided that sitting at the counter would work fine and it did.

I forgot to get a photo of the outside but I did get this good one of the inside and, yes, that woman is drinking a chocolate milk shake. We were sitting right next to the ice cream bins and we saw many many milk shakes being created... for breakfast.  Wild.

Food:  One of my favorite breakfasts here is the Pile.  It's a wonderful breakfast in a pile.  Today I had a pile of sliced sausage, green onions, cheddar cheese on the fried potatoes  topped with two fried eggs.  It was delicious.


Because I love these piles to much, I don't think I've ever had their hash browns before. This morning, Matthew had an omelet and it came with hash browns that looked like they were almost crispy enough.  (I require more cripsy than most in my hash browns.)

Both of us were more than sufficiently filled.  Yum.

Service:  The place was very busy and servers were dashing here and dashing there but we got everything we wanted in good time.  My coffee got topped off nicely and promptly until I finally said no thank you.

Everything Else:  Sunday breakfast provides the best parking opportunity.  The rest of the time, finding parking is often a challenge.  And, as I noted getting a table can be a chore.  In the Summer they nearly double the number of tables with their outside seating.  It's fun and yummy place to eat.


1 comment:

  1. .
    .
    Oh. My god. Dammit! I totally spaced that I could have made my breakfast a "Pile" like yours -- in which case I could have had my eggs over-easy and on top of the hash browns, which is actually my favorite. Now I definitely have to go back again!
    .
    .

    ReplyDelete