Sunday, April 8, 2012

SDHQ 
526 1st Avenue S. #413

There are 2 really rough brunch days on the US calendar.  Mother's Day and Easter. Mother's Day is the worst - every brunch and breakfast place in town is stuffed to the gills with a line waiting to get in.  Easter isn't that much better.  My game plan today was to get up and out early before everyone else.  I even had a short list of places that open early and... alas... I had a rare but lovely sleep in and decided to just eat here.

Food:  I had the traditional 2 eggs sunnyside up with bacon and has browns and coffee.  In my book, the best food in the world is the food that I don't cook.  Having said that, however, this didn't suck.

Service:  There is comfort and security in knowing you can and will have a second cup of coffee whenever you damn well please.  Also the food arrived promptly and was hot when it got to the table.  The staff was a might surly, however.  And I hate having to bus my own table.

Everything else:  My condo building used to be a railroad warehouse.  It was built in 1909.  The condos were finished in 1992 and I moved in in January of that year. I was looking for a link to use and decided to check the real estate listings.  I was surprised this morning to learn that there is really only one for sale.  There are a couple with pending sales but really only one for sale now.  This time last year there were a ton for sale that had been on the market for a long time.  Interesting.

1 comment:

  1. And I hate having to bus my own table.

    Never mind having to wash your own dishes.

    ReplyDelete