Sunday, April 15, 2012


Serious Biscuit
401 Westlake Ave. N.

Deja Vu. Yep.  I went back today to the same place as yesterday.  Get used to it.  I could become a regular.  And I am in love with the hardware store across the street.

Today, I sat at a different table but got the same waiter who is very cute and who greeted me with Welcome Back!!!

Food/drink:  They do not have one bloody mary, but, actually three.

I had the nonna maria.  It was gorgeous and delicious.  Not the very best I've ever had but way up there.

It was pretty.  The place is really rustic - like on purpose - but the food presentation is top drawer.  As is the bloody mary presention.

For breakfast I had another baked egg dish.  This time they were baked with dry cured salami, olives and provolone.  It was just delicious.

I do have one giant bitch.  I am sick and tired of butter served in that foil lined paper.  I don't want to see it and if that's the only way you are going to serve it, then just don't.  I know it's cheap and easy and hygienic.  And if that's the way I want to eat, I'll go to MacDonald's.


Today, Mr. Cute Waiter asked me how I wanted my eggs done.  Apparently, some of their clientele like their eggs baked for days.  I live on the edge, I want them the baked equivalent of sunny side up and they were.  Just perfect.

Service:  See above.  And excellent.

Everything else:  Attached to this place is Tom Douglas restaurant lab.  In fact, I think it's called Dahlia Lab.  There are two eating spots in the restaurant - one upstairs and a kind of eat in bar downstairs.

The upstairs dining room/kitchen overlooks the lab which is fascinating to watch.  I snapped some pictures that do not even do it justice.



I do love this place.  And there are still a dozen things on the menu I want to try.





No comments:

Post a Comment