Saturday, June 9, 2012

Frank's Oyster House
2616 Northeast 55th Street


Frank's has been on my list of restaurants to try since forever.  I just never got there.  Then, this week, I read in a Seattle food blog that Frank's was starting weekend brunch this weekend... now, we're singing my song.

Plus it is very nearly a straight shot from my pool.  They started their first ever brunch service at 10 this morning and I was there about 5 after.

Food:  The menu is different.  It's about half breakfast items and half what I would deem lunch items... hence the term brunch!!

I focused on the breakfast items and was really torn.  I opted for my default - their version of 2 egg over easy with potatoes, meat and toast.

In this case it was crispy potato slices that were very good.  Homemade sausage links that were interesting - not my favorite but I very much admire the effort.  Excellently done toast with a great peach marmalade.

Pretty darned tasty all of it.


Service:  The food was a little slow in coming out BUT it was their first day and practically their first seating an I was in zero hurry.  In fact, I had hit a particularly compelling section of the novel I was reading so I was glad for the quiet reading time.  The coffee was put in a pot on my table.  Nice.  Very nice.  And when I asked for something to make the table less wobbly, the waitress quickly and efficiently fixed it herself.

Everything else:  There were no screaming children.  So... I LOVED it.  It's in a generally hard to find parking place but I found a nice spot quickly.  My table was in a dark corner and I think next time I'll ask for more light - there are two great tables in the front windows that looked perfect.  I will go back, for sure.  I want to try their eggs benedict.



No comments:

Post a Comment