Saturday, June 30, 2012

Patty's Eggsnest
1000 NE Northgate Way

This was my last visit to Patty's Eggsnest.  And that is a real bother since there is really no other weekend breakfast place between my Saturday pool and Northgate.  I sometimes need shopping at Northgate but since directly from the pool gets me there before it opens, breakfast first is handy.

But these people have just dissed me once too often.  It's actually only because the place is so convenient that I even went back after the first time.

Food:  Their food is ok.  I ordered 2 eggs over easy with 2 strips of bacon and hash browns extra crispy.  The hash browns were great.  The eggs were satisfactory.  The toast was under toasted - no butter provided or offered.

One problem is that they never seem to get my order right.  Today they brought 3 strips of bacon and 3 eggs.  I specifically asked for 2 each and the waitress said - ok, I'll have them leave off the extra.  She didn't or they didn't.

The times before I specifically asked for no powered sugar on my french toast. The french toast always comes barely peeking out from under the avalanche of powdered sugar.  I quit ordering it.

Etc.

Service:  The service - the above notwithstanding - is ok.  The servers always cheerily agree to my wishes and then just as cheerily ignore them. And are most apologetic when I point out the issue.

Everything else:  The first time I ever went to this place, I waited 45 minutes for a table.  I was finally seated and then 1 minute later told I would have to give up my table because another couple was ahead of me.

Today, I was left a bill on my table for $9.25.  I left $2 and about a dollar in coins for a tip.  I took a $10 to the front where the woman at the cash register was way too busy chatting up the bus boy to handle my little transaction so I just left it there on the counter.  She did manage to eke out a thank you.  And I left.

I was nearly to my car when she comes screaming out after me saying I owed her more money.  I think it was a dollar and some more - she said for taxes and something else.  I was so pissed.  I tossed her a $5 bill and got in my car and left.

1 comment:

  1. .
    .
    Wow. On so many levels: wow. I would have been pissed too! Totally justified.

    At first I thought the toast thing was the most amazing thing. Who the hell offers toast without even the option of butter? I can't stand butter without toast! And really, what freak can??

    And then you got to the tax part. This review makes me so glad I've never eaten there and almost certainly never will.
    .
    .

    ReplyDelete