Sunday, June 10, 2012

Palisades
2601 West Marina Place


Yesterday afternoon I got my favorite kind of email ever.  A friend wanted to know if I would be interested in helping him celebrate his birthday with brunch at Palisades.  Does a bear...  ?????

I have actually never eaten at Palisades.  I've always thought of it as a special occasion kind of place and never even thought of it for brunch. Now I know that it is a 5 star brunch experience.

Food:  This place lays out the food.  It is hard to know where to start.  The menu barely even covers it.  We each started out with Breakfast Wellington.  So delicious.  The light, creamy cheese sauce is shared by the wonderful mushrooms on the side.  I am a ham snob an whatever it as they used in the wellington was to drawer.

But then there was the buffet.  Note, I did not eat all of this and I did not get photos of all that we both ate. It was just too wonderful and plentiful.

The lox which was pretty and different tasting.


They had a dessert buffet that was amazing.  Little portions of great stuff.  They even had a bloody mary buffet.
They had a bread buffet - biscuits and scones and muffins and more.

Service: The service was perfect in every way.  I never saw the bottom of my coffee cup.  Our server, Nickolas, was always there when we needed him and never when we did not.  The bill came very promptly. I never felt like we waiting too long for anything.

Everything else:  The place is really kind of amazing.  It's lovely but because of the nearly floor to ceiling windows looking out over the harbor, you don't really see the inside at all.

We were there for 3 hours and it was fabulous.  What an amazing brunch treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment