Saturday, June 16, 2012

Salmon Bay Cafe
5109 Shilshole Avenue Northwest





I was on my way to somewhere else.  I had planned to go back to one of the tony places I tried a couple of weeks ago but when almost there, I passed this place.  And I thought 'hmmm  that looks interesting...' so I just changed my mind on the spot.

Food:  The menu is fairly comprehensive without being diner every-choice-you-can-imagine full on.  I opted for the Magnolia omelette.  And it was an excellent choice.  Bacon, Avocado, Sour Cream.  And quite delicious.

The potatoes were not quite as spot on and the toasted english muffin had been sliced with a knife (as opposed to pulled apart so the nooks and crannies aren't sliced off) and needed a bit more toasting.  But the omelette was good enough to make up for it and so I didn't care.

Service:  The service was not bad and not good.  I did see the bottom of my coffee cup for an extended period of time which is never good but otherwise it was fine.

Everything else:  The place has a real homey feel - like it's been there a hundred years serving generations of boaters (it is steps from the dock).  It's just a good old place and one that I might well go back to again.


No comments:

Post a Comment