Saturday, July 7, 2012

6412 Phinney Avenue North




When I need a haircut, it's Mae's time.  She's just across the street from my hair cut place so it's natural pairing. 


Plus Mae's is always heaven.  Home.  Wonderful.  


Today was a bright, sunny, Summer day - one of the first we've had on a Saturday this year and, yet, or maybe because, the crowd was sparse.  Some Saturday's there's a wait.  Today there were empty tables the whole time I was there.  Weird.


Food:  Mae's menu is extensive.  But I usually get the same thing or close to it.  Today, I did not  


Today was trout day - smoked trout, eggs, hashbrowns, coffee and a biscuit.


It may be my new favorite Mae's thing.  It was just delicious.  And a great combo - trout and eggs.  Who knew??


The trout was full of flavor.  Dodging the few bones was a little not fun but worth it.  Seriously, this was outstanding.


Service:  Perfect as always.  I think the only time you ever see the bottom of a coffee cup here is that one second between the time the new cup is placed on the table and it's first filled up.


Everything else:  Besides the great food and the welcoming feeling you get here, this is a great great place for eavesdropping.  It is hard to concentrate on your book or anything else because the conversations around you are so interesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment