Saturday, July 14, 2012

Julia's Restaurant
4401 Wallingford Ave. N.

I thought when I first walked in the the place looked familiar but I knew I hadn't been there in years.  Turns out there are two Julia's and I think the one I'd been to is the one on Broadway.

Today, I was there with my friend, Russell and we found very easy parking and there was zero waiting for a table.

Food:  The menu is kind of strange.  There were omelets and scrambles and the obligatory benedict - and burritos but not a loft of imagination.

I had Julia's Basic Breakfast with over easy eggs and pork sausage patty.  The eggs were done well.  The sausage was actually pretty delicious.  The potatoes were pretty much a fail.  They were cubed and seasoned but some were not even cooked and others were over cooked and none were crisp or even very interesting.

Russell had french toast which looked delicious and he said they were.  Crispy on the outside and rich and soft inside.

Service:  We had a cute waitress who was nice and full of service but in way too much a hurry.  She kept coming over to us and she'd start a sentence with her face towards us so we could hear the first few words and then she'd turn and head off and we couldn't even get the gist of the message.  It was rather weird.  She did tell me NO Pictures of the Menu  - teasing - which was funny so I got a great blurry picture of her!!

Everything else:  The past three brunch meals I have had have all been at places usually packed with waits for tables.  And none of them were this time.  Empty tables all over the place.  Weird.  Today's place never did get a crowd.

Oh and I should note that it is a family restaurant and there were small children - one just cross the way from us - who were all amazingly quiet.  Thank you, kids!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment