Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Original Pancake House
8037 15th Avenue Northwest


I have passed this place about a biscillion times and never once noticed it.  Last week, knowing I was going to be in the area, I google mapped 'search nearby' for breakfast and it popped up.  Always on alert for new eateries - especially breakfast, i can't fathom why this one escaped me but no more.

Food:  I ordered the first thing on the menu - eggs, sausage patties with 2 sides - I got potatoes and toast.






My friend, Russell ordered an omelet and was kindly advised it would take 30 minutes.  ?????  He switched to a scramble.


It was good eats all around.  The sausage was quite tasty and the patty was interestingly thin.  The potatoes were spectacular.

Russell had way too much for one person to eat but it was good enough, apparently, for him to take home for later.

Service:  The service was spectacular.  Coffee flowed like rivers after a rain.   Our water glasses were kept full of nice, iced cold water.  Our waitress was sweet and attentive.

I always order my potatoes extra crispy.  Today when she served them, our waitress waited and asked if they were crispy enough.  They sure were but this is the first time I have ever had anyone ask.  Impressive.

Everything else:  The dining room is very very pleasant. It's bright and cheery with good sound muffle - there were lots of people there but almost zero clatter.  It was hard to eavesdrop! There were a fair number of children but no kid noise - probably cause they have crayons at every table. And the tables were set up in a way that feels open and roomy and not at all crowded.

This place is absolutely on my repeat list as of now!




2 comments:

  1. That's a long time to wait for an omelet! Maybe they had a backlog of orders or something. Glad to see this place was otherwise a winner, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite odd but apparently that's their normal thing. something about baked style. weird.

    ReplyDelete