Sunday, July 8, 2012

Volterra
5411 Ballard Avenue Northwest


Today I set out for either Bastille or Volterra.  My friend, Russell, came with me.  I let him chose (they are in the same block) once we got parked and he picked Volterra which was AOK with me  I love the place.

And this time there was no screeching child which made it all the better.



Food:  He had Francesco's Eggs - Scrambled eggs with Italian sausage, mushrooms, Pecorino Romano and fresh spinach. Served with Volterra hash browns 12.  He said it was good and it certainly looked good.  I'm not so big on Italian sausage for breakfast and he said it was decidedly Italian.


I had Pear and Gorgonzola FritattaWhite wine poached pear, Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Dolce. Served with Volterra hash browns 12.  It was delicious.  The pears were out of a can but that's ok with me.  The Gorgonzola flavor was really delicate and over all it was just yummy.


The hash browns were still perfect.


Service:  The service was good and attentive. Not perfect but good.


Everything Else:  This is just one of the most pleasant places for lunch.  It's bright without being in the direct sun.  There's fresh air coming in and a lovely view of the street.  I just love the dining room here.








No comments:

Post a Comment