Sunday, May 13, 2012

Etta's
2020 Western Avenue


This morning's brunch location was an accident.  I headed out early for Seatown (next door) but didn't make it in time.  By the time I got there all they had was bar seats and their bar seats make my feet numb.  So...  I went next door to Etta's.


"Could you squeeze me in if I am 1 and promise to eat and get out of your hair before the mob lands?"


A very nice lady fell for my ploy and gave me a great table. 


Food:  I haven't been to Etta's in a while so I don't know if today's menu was a special Mother's Day menu or if they have just paired it down to a handful of choices all the time.




Honestly, nothing really grabbed me so I went with the basic 2 eggs, bacon, potatoes and toast.  It was good.  Well, the potatoes were pretty ordinary - paprika covered potato squares.  The toast and bacon was good.  And my table was great.


Service:  The service was quite busy and otherwise occupied but I finally got water and coffee with a smile and my meal came fairly quickly and I didn't have to wait long for the check.


And I was out of there fast as promised so it was fine.


Everything else:  I would never judge a brunch place on Mother's Day.  It's just not fair.  


I'll go back to Etta's for lunch or dinner and I'll give Seatown another shot as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment