Sunday, May 27, 2012

Glo's
1621 East Olive Way


Glo's is another place that has been on my list since forever. It's in  a part of town with precious little parking and too many hills to walk comfortably.

Today, I figured would be the perfect time to try it out and I was so right.

Food:  I had the Eggs Californian - one of the benedicts.  And it was truly OMG delicious.

The holandaise has to be homemade.  It was delicate perfection.  The avocado was the poster child for Perfectly Ripe Avacados.  The tomato even tasted tomato-y (not always a given in this part of the country).  And if that was not enough, both eggs were poached perfectly.  It was truly an amazing dish and one I will absolutely have to try again... and again... and again.  Their menu is pretty extensive but I may just have this every time.



Service:  The service was just excellent in every way.  

Everything else:  The place is tiny. I mean seriously tiny. Maybe 10 tables.  Including the kitchen and bathrooms, I'm fairly sure it is smaller than my 1 bedroom condo. There were two cooks and two servers and that was it.  And it was packed early.  When I left, about 9:30, there was a decent crowd waiting for a table.  Well worth the wait.  I'm often looking for a place that opens early and this may well be my early Sunday morning goto place.  Yum.





View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment