Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mae's Phinney Ridge Cafe
6412 Phinney Avenue North

Today was haircut day (thank you, Rudy's) and, so, Mae's Phinney Ridge Cafe day.

Mae's is about the nicest, friendliest, funkiest, fun place you can go - especially on a Saturday morning.

I read just this week that on one Tuesday a month, after they close to the public (about 2 pm) they turn into Mae's Alzheimers Cafe and invite Alzheimers suffers and their friends and families in for a fun afternoon out.  They have the restaurant to themselves and it is, apparently, quite the major event for them.  I love Mae and what she does for the community.

But I also love what she does for breakfast!   The menu is extensive and today I tried one of her Bodacious Bennies.  I went for the Mae's Fav with corned beef hash.

The good news and the bad news about Mae's is that every single breakfast plate has enough food for a tribe.  It's always way too much to each in one sitting, or even in one week!

But, she's got the bennies nailed.  The hollandaise was creamy and delicious with just the right amount of everything.  The eggs per poached perfectly.

I think next time, I might give the California a try.  Avocado...  yum!

Service:  As always the service is great.  Today's waitress was busy as busy could be but made me and every table she was serving feel like we were all she had to do.  It was fun.

Everything else:   The acoustics are also a good news bad news at Mae's.  There are several different dining rooms but in each, you can hear every conversation...  it is not quiet - at all.  But, that's the good news... there's some fabulous eavesdropping to be had for free.

And the walls are full of fun to look at.  These dudes watched over my breakfast this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment