Saturday, May 26, 2012

IHOP
610 Rainier Avenue South  Renton, WA


I can't do swim class for two weeks at least (cataract surgery) so my Saturday routine is different these days.  Today I decided to go to Walmart and I knew this IHOP was close by.


Some friends of mine visited from New Zealand a couple of years ago and she really really really wanted to go to a Walmart (I want to see what all the hooha is about!) so we did and actually stopped at this IHOP after.  They were quite curious about how international it really was since they had never heard of it.  But they actually thought it was quite good.  So they were hoping it would be coming to New Zealand soon - along with a Walmart - but I think they are still waiting.


Food:  Today's selection was the french toast Combo.  Two eggs over easy, bacon and crispy has browns with no sugar on the french toast, please.  It was all perfect except, of course, the french toast came hidden under a snow fall of sugar.  The waitress apologized profusely and took it back and got me new...  


It was a very nice, very tasty breakfast.  


Service:  The waitress was so good about the french toast and just as good about everything else.  The coffee carafe was full and tasty so the bottom of my cup never saw the light of day.


Everything else:  The  downside of IHOP is that the people watching is so good, I never get any of my book read.  Oh well.  Today I watched this adorable little boy - probably 3 - eating breakfast with his dad.  Just the two of them.  I had a great visual of Mom at home in the peace and quiet. Anyway the kid was as cute as he could be and asked for his milk in a cup like his dad's coffee.  He asked in a very sweet way - very articulate.  It was feakin adorable.




No comments:

Post a Comment