Sunday, May 6, 2012

Smith
332 15th Avenue East

Today it was back to Smith.  Again I got there a few minutes before 10 and the door was unlocked so I went in, but this time, I didn't get chastised.  I got welcomed!

I sat in the same place because, frankly, it's the best seat in the house.

By 10:15, the place was getting pretty nearly full.  It was a good day to be out and it is located in a very out and about spot so it wasn't surprising.

Today I got that bloody mary.  And it was good but lordy lordy, they stick every vegetable not already busy in the top of it.

It was a good bloody mary once I got all that crap out of it.  for those of you following along, that's okra (probably pickled, I never touch the stuff unless it has been cut up, coated in cornmeal and fried), cauliflower (not pickled), 2 green beans pickled and one yellow pickled beet.  The lemon was all it needed.

Food:  Today I went with the lox.

And it was an excellent choice.  The lox itself was some of the best I ever had.  It was sliced a little thicker than usual which was interesting and it had a little bit a different texture but the taste was divine.  And the platter was beautiful.


The toast was perfectly toasted - crispy on the outside and chewing on the inside.  I'd LOVE to know where the food buyer got those tomatoes.  Tomatoes that taste like tomatoes are rare in this part of the country.  These looked good and tasted fine.  Delightful.   I had a bit of an issue making it all come out even and, in hindsight, I could have used one more slice of toast.  Next time I hope I remember to ask for it.

But all in all, it was outstanding.  Really really really good.

Service:  I had the same waitress and she was her good self.  

Everything else:  Wonderful.  Plus, I love that there are two grocery stores within 4 blocks of the place on a nice, non-hilly street that is pleasant and lovely to stroll along.  I just like this joint.  This will not be the last Smith entry in this blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment