Sunday, May 20, 2012


Serious Biscuit
401 Westlake Ave. N.

I seriously (haha pun intended) considered not adding this review but I hate to break a string.  So, since I've reviewed it twice before:  on April 15 and on April 14 - I'll change this format a little.

Today I met two friends there and the food was good but not great.  I had one of their biscuit sandwiches. "fried green tomato, bacon, remoulade, egg   8."  (I forgot to take a picture before I started eating but at least this way you can see all the pieces.)  The tomato was fried perfectly.  The biscuit was delicious as was the bacon.  But the egg was over cooked and the remoulade was way too spicy for me.  (Tom Douglas' restaurants tend to add more kick than is necessary whenever they can and clearly they were going the extra mile here.)

Our service was excellent and the place is still near the top of my favorites list but next time I will order differently.

Also, I learned today that it is an easy place to get to from my house by bus/trolley/walking - a most pleasant trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment