Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pete's Egg Nest
7717 Greenwood Avenue North




This place has been on my list for a long time. It's an easy strike from the pool.

It's a tiny neighborhoody kind of place nestled in among apartments, condos and small houses in Seattle Greenwood neighborhood.

The owners, proprietors, servers and probably cooks are all Greek in that serve up good food with good humor kind of fun Greek way.

It was packed but I found a nice spot at a very very comfortable counter.  The guy next to me was chatting with the owner was casually eating the guy's toast.  It was pretty funny.

Food:  The menu is vast.  I mean big.  Varied.  With lots of different items.  It was way too big to get a photo of.  None of the offerings were particularly fancy. But, if it's ever been served for breakfast in the world, it's probably on that menu.

I ordered an omelette.  A bacon, cheddar and avocado omelette.  As I suspected from the size of the menu, the size of the meal was also huge.

I'd have been happier with about half that and, in fact, only ate about half.

It was, however, surprisingly delicious.  The omelette, particularly was delightful - delicate enough to let the other flavors through.  The avocado was perfectly ripe.  The hashbrowns were excellent.  There was just way too much of it all.

Service:  The owner of the restaurant waited on me while he surveyed the rest of the operation. He kept my coffee cup full.

Everything else:  The place was really loud.  But it was kind of a din loud in that if I didn't focus on it, it wasn't so bad.  It was just a nice, homey place.

I didn't have correct change so while not pictured, I left a $2 tip.  It felt funny tipping the owner but funnier leaving nothing.  Since I was at the counter, $2 felt about right.






No comments:

Post a Comment